Business Development Manager
Olive & Company is looking for an experienced, commission-driven sales professional to help grow our Minneapolis agency. We’re looking for someone with proven results selling in a complex, consultative marketing or creative agency environment. Ideal candidates will have inbound sales process expertise, will be knowledgeable about modern marketing practices, and will be highly confident in their ability to locate, develop, negotiate, and close new business relationships for our agency. (This position will be compensated with a base salary plus commission pay structure.)
We have an outstanding team at Olive & Company, and we’re looking for someone to help put our team to work for a growing roster of exceptional clients.
About Olive & Company
Olive & Company is an award-winning brand marketing agency located in the Minneapolis Riverfront District. We provide transformative modern marketing solutions for businesses and organizations striving to stand out from their competition and connect with their customers.
Why Work With Us?
- You’ll be a major contributor to the success of an agency with significant growth plans.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with, and represent, a team that does superior-quality work, and provides meaningful business value to our clients.
- Identify and research prospective businesses and organizations, including relevant team members, events, industry trends, news and announcements, and more.
- Develop and manage lead prospecting strategies focusing on LinkedIn, email, and cold calling.
- Facilitate and manage the new business sales cycle from start to close.
- Screen and qualify potential new business opportunities.
- Utilize available tools to nurture qualified leads at various stages of the sales funnel.
- Develop negotiating and closing strategies to improve average deal size and close rate.
- Collaborate with account team to develop new business proposals.
- Organize capabilities pitch presentations and other business development meetings (introduction, exploration, goal-setting, proposal presentation, etc.).
- Seek out available industry learning opportunities (conferences, events, publications, courses, etc.).
- Seek out and attend relevant networking and industry events.
- Build and nurture personal social media network engagement, primarily through LinkedIn.
- Identify and implement necessary sales tools in collaboration with marketing team.
- 5+ years of marketing or creative agency sales experience
- Experience working in a commission-based sales environment
- Complex, consultative sales expertise
- Knowledgeable about inbound sales methodology
- Ability to control the sales process through a long sales cycle
- Strong negotiating and closing skills
- Relentless and self-motivated with a passion for prospecting
- Eager to learn and improve performance
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- High-energy with an enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Professionalism and attention to detail
- Confident working toward aggressive agency sales goals