Front-End Web Developer
Olive & Company is looking for a contract Front-End Web Developer with a specialty in building WordPress-based websites. The ideal developer would be self-motivated, work well with our internal team, and have the ability to meet deadlines. They would also have a love for clean code, responsive layouts, and an eye for design. We are looking for a 1-2 month contract, initially, with additional contract opportunities in 2020.
- Develop clean, well-commented code that can be handed off to other developers.
- Work within WordPress to create custom themes and build out fully-functional sites.
- Pick up existing themes, extend them, and use them to build out complete websites.
- Work with site builders like Divi and Elementor on some projects.
- Provide some ongoing web maintenance and updates for existing client sites.
Requirements for Application
- 3+ years of professional experience in front-end development and WordPress
- Ability to work on-site at our Minneapolis office, if needed
- A portfolio of projects that you have built or to which you have contributed
- Expert-level abilities in HTML and CSS
- Expert-level abilities creating responsive websites
- Expert-level of proficiency developing for WordPress (including an understanding of using PHP to build-out WordPress themes)
- High level of proficiency in design software (Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin to build customized WordPress templates
- Experience using the Gravity Fields plugin to integrate forms into WordPress
- Experience browser testing and debugging code to create cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-device websites
- An eye for detail, in both design and development
Please submit the application form on this page. Be sure to include relevant information that addresses the listed requirements along with your resume and any other materials demonstrating the value that you will provide to Olive & Company and to our clients.
About Olive & Company
Founded in 2003, Olive & Company is a Minneapolis brand marketing agency that helps businesses and organizations achieve their goals by standing out from the competition and connecting with audiences. We specialize in building and implementing authentic brands through brand strategy, web design, creative services, and digital content marketing.
Why Work With Us?
- You’ll be a vital part of a growing team where your talent will be appreciated and utilized, your input will be valued, and your skills will be developed.
- You’ll be a major contributor to the success of an endless variety of projects for top-flight clients.
- You’ll have an opportunity to grow with an agency that does superior-quality work and values a healthy life/work balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Olive & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.