Content Marketing Strategist
Olive & Company is looking for a Content Marketing Strategist to join our growing agency. The Content Marketing Strategist provides strategic planning, editorial management, performance analysis, and copywriting services for client content marketing programs and campaigns.
We’re looking for an experienced content marketer who is passionate about the role content plays in modern marketing and brand building. If you love finding and telling stories that connect with audiences across different channels and media, apply for this position and tell us how you’ll help our clients.
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic content marketing plans.
- Provide copywriting for content marketing assets, including blog posts, pillar pages, web pages, ebooks, infographics, social posts, landing pages, emails, video scripts, and more.
- Conduct audience research and develop audience personas and journey maps.
- Conduct competitive content marketing research.
- Develop and oversee editorial guidelines and calendars.
- Conduct content audits to identify strategic gaps and opportunities.
- Develop, implement, and manage ongoing paid content amplification campaigns.
- Conduct SEO auditing and keyword research work, monitor SEO performance, and manage ongoing SEO efforts.
- Oversee the production and publishing of content marketing assets across all channels.
- Facilitate client content marketing workshops and strategy sessions.
- Provide ongoing measurement, analysis, reporting, and optimization services related to content marketing programs.
- Provide ongoing strategic recommendations and guidance for all client content marketing programs.
- Identify, research, and report on content marketing trends, tools, and technologies.
- Oversee additional content marketing partner resources, as needed (e.g. videographers, freelance writers, etc.).
- Oversee the quality assurance of all content marketing assets.
- Identify and implement process improvements related to content marketing activities.
- Support ongoing sales efforts related to content marketing prospects and serve as a content marketing advocate for our sales and account teams.
- Assist in content marketing estimating, scoping, and schedule development.
Requirements for Application
- 5+ years experience developing, implementing, and managing ongoing strategic content marketing plans for clients
- 8+ years experience as a full-time writer or journalist
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong listening and discussion facilitation skills, with exceptional attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Ability to express complex material clearly, concisely, and persuasively
- Current HubSpot Inbound Marketing and HubSpot Content Marketing certifications
- Expertise overseeing freelance writers and additional content resources (in-house and external)
- Expertise in modern SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, and video marketing best practices
- Expertise in measuring, analyzing, reporting, and optimizing content marketing performance
- Self-motivated and able to manage own tasks and schedule
- Expertise in repurposing existing content assets
- Experience presenting strategic plans and ideas to client stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm collaborating with other strategists, creatives, and account teams
- Comfortable managing a robust and diverse workload of client projects
- Strong point of view regarding the role and value of content marketing in brand building
- Passionate about continuous learning and professional skill development
- Ability to create estimates and schedules to track and manage all resources
- OPTIONAL: Include results of any personality assessments (StrengthsFinder, DiSC, etc.)
Please submit the application form on this page. Be sure to include relevant information that addresses the listed requirements along with your resume, your LinkedIn profile, and any other materials demonstrating the value that you will provide to Olive & Company and to our clients.
About Olive & Company
Founded in 2003, Olive & Company is a Minneapolis brand marketing agency that helps businesses and organizations achieve their goals by standing out from the competition and connecting with audiences. We specialize in building and implementing authentic brands through brand strategy, web design, creative services, and digital content marketing.
Why Work With Us?
- You’ll be a vital part of a growing team where your talent will be appreciated and utilized, your input will be valued, and your skills will be developed.
- You’ll be a major contributor to the success of an endless variety of projects for top-flight clients.
- You’ll have an opportunity to grow with an agency that does superior-quality work and values a healthy life/work balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Olive & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.