Olive & Company is looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our growing agency. This role works with the entire studio to ensure the work we do for our partners exceeds expectations and provides growth opportunities for our clients and the agency.
Our ideal candidate loves to build client relationships that earn trust and has proven experience developing revenue opportunities. We’re looking for self-starters who are experts at communicating, setting expectations, and proactively managing both the client and internal teams. Our goal is to provide unprecedented value through each client interaction and agency deliverable. Candidates must be able to demonstrate how they were directly responsible for client growth in both revenue and breadth of services. In addition, Account Managers at Olive need to be knowledgeable and confident managing clients within each of the areas that Olive specializes in:
- Brand Strategy
- Website Design
- Digital Marketing
Olive is a small agency where each role is filled by people with a certain level of expertise. Because of this, please respect our guidelines and do not submit an application if you do not meet our experience criteria at this time. If you’re new to the industry, we’re happy to schedule an informational interview so we can start a conversation as you’re building up your experience.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations (in no particular order)
- Experience as a proactive problem-solver who understands how to balance projects against budget, timelines, and deliverables. Thoroughly understand your clients’ business and know how they measure success.
- In collaboration with the strategy team, develop long-term strategies for each client, continuously track and monitor the success of these strategies, and lead discussions both internally and with the client to ensure there is continual momentum and progress.
- Communicate effectively throughout all stages of project plans including setting expectations and subsequent follow-through. This involves clear and concise progress reports, and conference reports outlining the details of discussions within 24-hours of a major meeting or presentation and follow-up to confirm alignment before next steps are put into action.
- The experience and skills to develop thorough and actionable creative briefs with defined project scope and deliverables, as well as detailed project estimates and proposals, and high-level timelines.
- Oversee workflow of individual project components while keeping projects tracked to strategy, goals, deadlines, scope, and budget.
- Provide an accurate and updated forecast for each client during account management meetings.
- Monitor and align all project work with client business objectives.
- Manage ongoing relationships with the client, and identify opportunities for client engagement growth.
- Maintain regular engagement with clients regarding their quarterly, annual, and longer-term business goals, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
- Have experience working with a project manager and a project management system. Basecamp project management experience is a plus but not required.
- Olive works hard to maintain a work-life balance, however, there are times when deadlines require work outside of “9-to-5” working hours. We entrust our team to know when it is necessary to be available for client and internal team members outside of the traditional work week timeframe.
Requirements for Application
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years experience as an Account Manager at a creative services or marketing agency.
- Be prepared to detail your experience presenting strategy and creative work.
- Be prepared to share an example of a creative brief and discuss your role and success of the project/client.
- Outline opportunities where you were able to grow a client’s business and expand scope within an agency environment.
- Demonstrate your experience managing a robust pipeline of creative projects with diverse deliverables across multiple platforms: traditional, digital and inbound marketing, and website projects.
- Be prepared to demonstrate your experience developing agency estimates and schedules.
- Since 2020, Olive has been primarily working remotely, however, there will be occasional team and client meetings that will require you to meet in person. During these in-person meetings we follow CDC safety protocols to ensure we’re keeping our team, ourselves, and our clients as safe as possible.
- Detail your experience with agency management software. For example: Basecamp, TeamWork, Harvest, Everhour, etc.
- OPTIONAL: Include results of any personality assessments (StrengthsFinder, DiSC, etc.).
Please include a document that addresses the requirements listed above, your resume, and any other materials demonstrating the value that you will provide to Olive & Company and to our clients. We will also be reviewing your LinkedIn profile.
About Olive & Company
Founded in 2003, Olive & Company is a Minneapolis marketing agency that specializes in brand strategy, web design, and digital marketing. With a focus on creative solutions and measurable results, the Olive team partners with brands throughout the U.S. to help them connect with customers and achieve their business goals.
Why Work With Us?
- Enjoy half-day Fridays all year long!
- Our hybrid work model (remote + Minneapolis office location) provides maximum flexibility to accommodate employee preferences.
- You’ll be a vital part of a growing team where your talent will be appreciated and utilized, your input will be valued, and your skills will be developed.
- You’ll be a major contributor to the success of an endless variety of projects for top-flight clients.
- You’ll have an opportunity to grow with an agency that does superior-quality work and values a healthy life/work balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Olive & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.